Join us 20 March at 10am CET for a webinar on the framework and implementation of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD). Register here.
Following the deal struck on the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD), the EU policy framework to decarbonise energy systems is now complete. However, implementing the Green Deal package is no small task, and will be a new challenge for Member States. To avoid diminishing the level of ambition reached in Brussels, we must keep the discussion alive with national and regional authorities. This session will provide wide-ranging views on setting the framework for implementing EPBD and highlight the range of solutions from the RACHP sector.
Introductory remarks | Stefan Moser, Head of Unit, DG ENER B3
Setting the framework for decarbonisation of buildings
- HVAC designer view on EPBD, concerning new and existing buildings | EPB Center – Johann Zirngibl
- Letting the sunshine in: New provisions on solar rooftops and solar thermal energy for buildings | SolarHeatEurope – Valérie Séjourné
- How to support citizens in making well-informed choices for their homes | EEB – Davide Sabbadin
National and local implementation: challenges and solutions
- Challenges of national implementation of decarbonised heating and cooling, and Belgian perspectives | Agoria – Charlotte van de Water
- Integration of renewable energy in district heating and cooling networks, and the role of large heat pumps | EHPA – Jozefien Vanbecelaere
- The decarbonisation of all buildings: Heating and cooling solutions for commercial buildings from the RACHP sector | EPEE Energy Efficiency Environment Working Group Chair – Christina von Westernhagen
Moderated by EPEE Director General Russell Patten